Monday, June 1, 2009

Yo.

So I'm joining the ranks of the blogosphere.

Here's the skinny: I like to write (YA fiction mostly--cross your fingers I get published someday), and I live in Chicago. When I'm not at work, I go to things: weird movies, plays, concerts, you name it. I'm fortunate enough to have some industry connections, which is great because I'm poor (hello, student loans for advanced degree and overpriced rental). I also read constantly and watch a lot of TV (reality and otherwise).


Much like Rob Gordon in High Fidelity (one of my all-time Top 5 favorite books AND movies), I analyze everything. I'd attribute this to my undergrad major (theatre), where I was taught to tear apart plays, and/or my law degree, which I earned by tearing apart case studies and constitutions, and/or my ex-boyfriend, who was a filmmaker and tore apart movies.


Truth is, I've been critiquing stuff since I was in fourth grade and discovered the weekly movie reviews in the TV supplement of the local paper. I'd read them at my grandma's house when I got bored and BOOM, an obsession was born.


Basically, I'll be posting my thoughts about what I read and watch. I can be very sarcastic, but I like to think I'm less bitter than I used to be. Occasionally, I'll make recommendations, which you can take or leave. If you like something, don't hesitate to email me or leave a comment. If you don't, ditto. Oh, and I swear, use CAPS (and parentheses) constantly, and have a huge crush on Rainn Wilson. (And yes, I like pink and Barbie--why do you ask?)


First review should be going up soon, though this is a busy week for me.


That's that for now. Stay classy.

1 comment:

  1. *Gasp!* You swear! Oh, heavens!

    I chronically abuse ellipses, so we're even on the parentheses thing.

    ReplyDelete